Launch of Calisthenics @ South Street
Last night, some of our smaller dancers attended the official launch of the Calisthenics section of the Royal South Street Eisteddfod.
The event was held at the Long Room at Her Majesty’s Theatre with:
- the RSSS Calisthenics Committee
- section sponsors, Commonwealth Bank
- CVI representatives, Shirley Pettit and Matthew Brown
- Ballarat’s representative for the Graceful Girl section, Samantha Stewart
- local coaches
- and some beautiful bugs from Studio Arc.
The first Eisteddfod (known then as the Grand Annual Eisteddfod of Australasia) was held in 1891, which means the Royal South Street Society are currently celebrating their 125th year.
Many of our students’ parents and grandparents have competed at South Street in some of the many different categories.
The Calisthenics portion of the Eisteddfod runs for over 4 weeks. The schedule includes our Inters performing on the very first day.